Saint Joseph Academy's philosophy is to guide each young woman as they discover and nurture their individual talents and capabilities in a God-centered environment. We encourage each student to become compassionate leaders and form loving relationships with God, each other and all creation.
We believe the Gospel must be understood and lived in the context of our world, and we attempt to create a climate wherein a student can best become:
A Woman of Faith - A Woman Preparing for Life
A Woman Striving for Integrity - A Woman Seeking Justice The Saint Joseph Academy community imbues all that we do with the spirituality (charism) of the Congregation of St. Joseph: We live and work that all may be united with God, each other and all Creation. Through a rigorous and relevant curriculum, we develop relationships with each student and seek to stretch them to their fullest potential. We educate our diverse young women for compassionate leadership and service in global society. At Saint Joseph Academy we believe that all students can achieve and become lifelong learners ready for the 21st century.
- Students can earn the Advanced Placement International Diploma
- We offer 14 Advanced Placement classes
- 65% of our senior class are enrolled in Advanced Placement classes
- Freshmen who are prepared can enroll in Advanced Placement classes
- Engineering classes that include; CAD, programming, architectural design,
robotics club with Saint Edward High School
- Partnership with the Fenn School of Engineering, CSU
- Full performing and fine arts offerings
- Multiple science offerings including Honors Anatomy, Microbiology and Zoology
- Service learning program
- Integrated technology in every classroom
- SJA is a Google School
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) college readiness program
COMPLETE LISTING OF OUR COURSE OFFERINGS FOR 2012-13
Dr. James M. Cantwell, Ed.D.
Phone: 216.251.6788 x207
Ed.D., Columbia University
M.Ed., Columbia University
M.A.T., Antioch College
B.A. University of Vermont
- U.S. Peace Corps 1966-1969
- School Head or Principal for 35 years
- 17 years living abroad in Germany, Brazil, England and China
Emily J. Hanson '99
Phone: 216.251.6788 x204
M.A., Ursuline College
B.A., Miami University
- Associate Member of the Congregation of St. Joseph
- Director of the AVID program.
- Board of Directors of Talespinner Children's Theatre.
Dean of Women
Phone: 216.251.6788 x203
B.A., University of Dayton