Mission Department Statement:
The mission of the Saint Joseph Academy School Guidance and Counseling program is to support all students through addressing academic, career, personal, and social skills toward the achievement of quality learning and lifelong success.
The Guidance Department at Saint Joseph Academy works with the following students:
- Class of 2015: Academics and all personal/social concerns
- Class of 2016: Academics and all personal/social concerns
- Classes 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 All personal/social concerns
Guidance FacultyMaryann Marek
M.Ed., Kent State University
B.S., Kent State University
Phone: (216) 251-6788 ext. 211
- Member of Ohio School Counseling Association
- Recipient of the Sr. Edith Frantz, CSJ Outstanding Faculty Award (twice).
- Two time Volleyball Coach of the Year
- Inaugural Inductee to the Saint Joseph Academy Athletic Hall of Fame
Counseling Intern (Guidance and College Counseling)
M.A. Cleveland State University
B.S. Kent State University
- Member of Thea Alpha Phi (Theatre Honorary)
- Member of ASCA (American School Counselor Association)
- Member of OSCA (Ohio School Counselor Association)
- 2012 Alphaport Internship: Julie Simmons
- Hugh O’Brian Youth (HOBY) Leadership recipient: Caroline Mills
- Cleveland Peer Leadership Award: Caroline Pallota and Lauren Brooks
- Cleveland Rape Crisis Center Youth 360 program participants: Lauren Brooks, Caroline Pallotta, and Julianna Minich
- Featured speaker on Channel 8 news for the new law requiring the inclusion of topics of healthy dating and relationships, date rape/rape, and bullying in high school curriculums.
Important Links & Resources
StudentEdge is an easy-to-use on-line resource center that allows your daughter to prepare for tests, find a college, search for financial aid, and explore careers.
Ohio Career Information System (OCIS) is an internet-based delivery system for accurate, comprehensive, current, and relevant occupational, post-secondary education and financial aid information. OCIS contains the latest national, Ohio and local labor market data and projections. OCIS also includes information on job interview preparation, resume and cover letter creation, how to keep a job, self employment and military occupations. OCIS is designed to support lifelong career exploration, career planning and decision-making through easy-to-use, straightforward search and sorting utilities, and an on-line portfolio for saving information from all system components.
Study Guides and Strategies