Department Mission Statement: The Social Studies Department mission is to educate and prepare students to address ever-changing global issues so that they will act responsibly as members of a democratic society and 21st century community.
The Social Studies Department offers the following courses: Complete list of Social Studies courses
Social Studies Department Faculty:Nick Roaldi, Chair
- World History
- AP Modern European History
- United States History
- Honors United States History
- AP United States History
- Honors Government/Economics
- AP Government and Politics: United States
- Contemporary World Studies/Model UN
- African American History
- AP Psychology
M.Ed., Ursuline College
B.A., University of Notre Dame
- Moderator for the school’s announcement club
- Co-moderator, SJA Student Council
M.A., Cleveland State University
B.A., University of New Mexico
- Mr. Kunikis has been teaching history at SJA since 1989, and holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of New Mexico and a Master’s in Education from Cleveland State University. Mr. Kunikis moderates the Junior State of America (JSA), which analyzes and debates current political, economic, and social issues.
- Member of the OCSAA School Improvement Team.
Ph.D., University of Maryland
M.A., Virginia Commonwealth University
B.A., Virginia Tech University
- Dr. Setliff holds a doctorate in American History from the University of Maryland and teaches Advanced Placement Psychology, Sociology, and Government/Economics. He is entering his 6th year at SJA.
B.S., Bowling Green State University
- Mr. Shannon is a graduate of Bowling Green State University, and is entering his 5th year of teaching at SJA. In addition to his teaching responsibilities, he is also the moderator of Student Council, the Political Action Club, and an assistant track coach. He accompanied St. Joseph Academy students to Spain during the spring of 2012.