Freelance Graphic and Media Designer
Saint Joseph Academy is looking for a creative, self-motivated and resourceful individual to support our team as a Freelance Graphic and Media Designer. In this contract role, the Freelance Graphic and Media Designer will assist in conceptualizing, designing and executing the creation of print ready and digital media including, but not limited to, print publications, social media, websites and banners. The successful candidate must have excellent graphic design and layout skills and be comfortable working on projects at various stages of development. Additionally, he/she must demonstrate initiative, be self-disciplined and able to perform under pressure to meet deadlines.
This is a project-based, contracted position with hours that will vary based upon project workload.
|Job Title: Freelance Graphic and Media Designer|
|Job Type: Contract/Freelance|
|Reports To: Creative Manager|
The Freelance Graphic and Media Designer will assist in conceptualizing, designing and executing the creation of print-ready and digital media including but not limited to, print publications, social media, websites and banners. This is a project-based contracted position with hours that will vary based upon project workload.
- Flexibility to work on-site at the Academy or remotely
- Hours per week will vary based on project workload
- Excellent graphic design and layout skills
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (CC2018) specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficient photography skills
- Proficient knowledge of web design and HTML
- Intermediate knowledge of designing for social media specifically Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate initiative, self-discipline and ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines
- Video creation and editing skills preferred
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop multiple design concepts which meet the strategic, design, functionality and budgetary criteria and are aligned with brand standards
- Design and create print ready files that are aligned with brand standards
- Prepare final layouts for printing or publication
- Create HTML emails using email marketing software
- Create web-ready images and graphics for web pages and social media platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field
- 5+ years experience designing a variety of communication pieces targeting a variety of audiences; consumer facing communications preferred
- A strong creative portfolio to demonstrate experience
- Experience in an educational or non-profit organization preferred
Please send letter of interest, resume and examples of design work to email@example.com by Friday, February 28, 2018.
No phone calls please.