The Development Director is responsible for conceiving, planning and executing fund development efforts in the individual, foundation, and corporate sectors. The position is a member of Saint Joseph Academy’s Institutional Advancement Team and is responsible for the following core initiatives: annual fund, Celebrate the Academy auction gala, donor relations and corporate/foundation solicitation. This full-time, exempt position reports to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement. As a member of the Advancement team, the Director partners with colleagues throughout the Academy to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward philanthropic support in accordance with the mission of Saint Joseph Academy.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of five years related experience preferably in an educational institution.
- Demonstrated success with individual, corporate and foundation solicitations, and special event production.
- Excellent writing, oral communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven success in recruiting, managing and nurturing donors and volunteers at all leadership levels.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Ability to meet multiple project deadlines.
- Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office competency.
Please send letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
by Friday, May 11, 2018
No phone calls please.
Job Title: Development Director
Reports To: Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Supervises: Development Coordinator
FSLA Status: Exempt
This position is a member of the Institutional Advancement team and is responsible for the development and successful execution of fundraising efforts in the individual, foundation, and corporate sectors, including but not limited to: annual campaigns, donor relations, corporate/foundation solicitation and relations, and special events in accordance with the mission of Saint Joseph Academy.
Primary Job Functions
- Creates, executes and evaluates a diversified annual development plan to achieve the Institutional Advancement Department’s strategic objectives.
- Designs, implements and evaluates Saint Joseph Academy’s fundraising programs, including annual giving, special events and endowment funding.
- Directs and implements the Annual Fund to ensure that financial and donor participation goals are met, by:
- Personalizing and segmenting the database
- Creating targeted strategies and programs for each segment
- Conducting several mailings annually including General Appeal, Young Alum Mailing, Lapsed Mailing, Last Chance Mailing, etc.; uses blast emails as appropriate
- Promoting online donations
- Ensuring that all financial management protocols are fulfilled
- Directs and implements the major auction event, “Celebrate the Academy.” Recruits and coordinates volunteers, manages the budget, secures underwriting and sponsorships, and manages all event functions to ensure that financial and other tactical goals are met.
- Develops relationships with leadership annual fund donors and cultivates them to be moved into the major gift pipeline.
- Collaborates with the President, VP of Institutional Advancement and volunteer leadership on Saint Joseph Academy’s capital campaign initiatives.
- Responsible for stewardship and donor relations programs.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with current donors and cultivates new donors.
- Researches philanthropic sources, builds relationships with funders and writes foundation proposals.
- Cooperates with the Alumnae, Marketing and Admissions Offices to ensure the consistent dissemination of Saint Joseph Academy’s branding initiatives.
- Works within the parameters of the department budget and reconciles finances with the Finance Department.
- Identifies areas for operational improvements and establishes best practices throughout the department.
- Supervises the Development Coordinator and volunteers to ensure that department goals are realized.
Secondary Job Functions
- Participates in alumnae and other Saint Joseph Academy cultivation events.
- Writes articles for Saint Joseph Academy’s UPDATE magazine three times per year.
- Maintains Advancement pages on Saint Joseph Academy’s website.
- Maintains professional affiliations and professional development to keep abreast of the latest trends in education and fundraising.
- Actively participates in Advancement Team meetings.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who possesses the ability to work both independently and as a participating member of a team
- Commitment to quality Catholic education a plus
- CFRE preferred
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.