The daily uniform consists of a school-approved polo shirt, skirt or slacks, socks or tights, student ID and school approved shoes. School-approved sweater or sweatshirt may also be worn. Skirts must be buttoned and zipped at the waist. Polo shirts must not hang down below sweaters or sweatshirts.
The formal uniform is required on days a Mass or Prayer Service or various other events are scheduled. The formal uniform consists of an SJA polo shirt; skirt; sweater; solid navy blue, dark green or black hosiery or tights and shoes. A white uniform polo shirt must be worn under all styles of sweaters. Polo shirts must not hang down below sweaters. Formal uniform must be worn for the entire day.
- Uniform polo shirts, sweaters and skirts can be purchased from Schoolbelles.
- Uniform sweatshirts can be purchased from the SJA bookstore (two options) or Schoolbelles.
- Only flat front, mid-rise slacks in khaki may be worn. No jeans.
- Shirts worn under the uniform polo shirt must be solid white with no colors, writing, illustrations, etc.
- Shorts may be worn under the uniform skirt but may not hang below the skirt hemline.
- Socks/Tights are to be solid colors of navy blue, dark green, black, gray, or white. Socks sold in the SJA bookstore may be worn with the daily uniform. Patterned tights are not permitted.
- Leggings in solid colors of navy blue, dark green, black, gray or white with socks of the same color may be worn.
- A predominantly solid color shoe in the following colors navy blue, dark green, black, gray, brown, or tan with a hard sole may be worn.
- The shoe should be one of the following styles: tie, buckle, oxford, docksider, clog or loafer with heels no higher than 2 inches.
- The following shoes are not permitted: boots or any shoe that is over the ankle, sandals or any shoe with an open toe, athletic shoes of any style, or Crocs/plastic shoes or replicas.
- Hair must be within the range of natural coloring. Hairstyles may not be extreme, such as spikes, shaved heads, etc.
- Bandannas and hats may not be worn.
- Tattoos may not be visible.
- Piercings other than ears are not acceptable (Adhesive bandage, make-up, etc. may not be used to cover piercings). Students with multiple ear piercings may be asked to remove them if determined inappropriate by the Dean of Women.
- During the school day (8 a.m.-3 p.m.) all book bags and purses must be stored in the students’ locked locker. Students will be permitted to only carry their SJA issued Chrome bags and a small pencil pouch during school hours.
- It is the responsibility of the Dean of Women to determine what is appropriate.