Part-Time Bus Driver
This part time position requires skilled work in the operation of light and heavy school buses and vans in transporting students to and from school events such as sporting events and field trips. Position includes weekend and evening work.
- Knowledge of traffic and highway safety rules and regulations and of the precautions necessary to avoid accidents.
- Ability to operate a bus in a safe and economical manner.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions and to perform work requiring good physical condition.
- Ability to relate to students, parents, faculty and coaches.
- Ability to complete various forms and records, including updated route sheets, time sheets, field trip forms, incident and accident reports, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Transports students to and from school events, following a preplanned route according to a definite time schedule.
- Regulates heating equipment and ventilation of bus for comfort of passengers. Drives bus carefully and in compliance with traffic regulations.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety of students in loading, unloading and transporting them to and from school events.
- Instructs students in safety precautions and practices.
- Signals students when to cross street or highway and assures that students are safely across upon departure from bus.
- Maintains discipline; reports unruly behavior to Principal of school or Dean of Women.
- Inspects and sweeps bus.
- Checks water, gas, oil and mechanical condition before leaving on run.
- Reports delays and accidents. Keeps operational records and makes simple reports.
- Reports defects or problems with vehicle to transportation maintenance supervisor. Assures bus meets regular maintenance schedules.
- Appropriate State of Ohio Commercial Driver license for school bus and passenger operation.
- Graduation from high school or completion of GED.
- Completion of first aid and driving courses.
- Training on highway safety rules and regulations.
- Completion of a performance test in school bus operation.
- Must pass a physical examination and drug test prior to hire and annually. Good vision in both eyes; cannot be a diabetic on insulin.
- Must pass criminal background checks and have a good driving record with no DUI convictions
No phone calls please.